Sunday, June 3, 2012

Losing baby teeth

Margaret's two front teeth were getting bucked out by the new permanent pushing on them. I wondered if I should take her to the dentist. Instead, I encouraged her to wiggle those teeth. She wiggled like crazy. We were eating corn on the cob and Margaret came up with one of her teeth gone. She had swallowed it, as she has all the other teeth she has lost. The next morning, we were headed to Margaret's occupational therapist. I told Margaret to wiggle and she grabbed her tooth and twisted it around and Boink! It came out in her hand. I felt a little lightheaded, but it didn't seem to bother her one bit. Last night, she got her first ever money from the tooth fairy. She held up her dough and said, "Now I can buy everything!" Would that that were so.
Clara's teeth are almost in. Thank goodness, both girls have Gene's teeth. No cavities and no problems. The new comes are coming in straight. Unlike me, who had three teeth in one space and who had to wear a space maintainer to push apart my teeth to make room for my permanent teeth, which traveled from my spine to my mouth all during elementary school. Glad Clara and Margaret won't have that problem.

No comments: